Friday, June 29, 2007

We bought a house!!!

Yes, it's true, Brodie and I bought a house :)
I am soooo excited!!! We will move in at the end of August, so that gives us lots of time for finance, mortgage,lawyer stuff (although most of it is already done!) So.. it's 2500 sq ft (1250 on each level) - there is a double car garage, a nicely kept front yard, with a hot tub fenced in on the front deck. When you come in, you take about 6 steps up, to the left, and you are on the upper level, where there is a large living room, kitchen, dining room and fireplace corner (it's all open), there is a nice closet/cleaning/laundry room, and the masterbedroom, with large ensuite, jetted tub and a HUGE walk in closet (JUST what we need!!). At the front door, when you take 6 steps down on the right, there is a large family room (which we will make into a gym), and two large bedrooms (one will be my office, one will be a guestroom), there is another large bathroom downstairs, the mechanical room, a large storag room and a wine cellar room (neither of us drink wine, but brodie will prbably use it to store all of his gross deer meat or something...).
On the top level off of the dining room, there is a large deck, with stairs down to the yard. There is a workshop attached the house as well , and a nice little yard with firepit and a gardening planter. Sooo since most of you have a different vision of the house after me describing it, you will just have to come for a visit, to see what it actually looks like!! (Reservation bookings availble for October at the moment).

I can't even begin to discribe all what has happened in the last year. (Little recap ; graduated from college at the end of April, yesterday was the one year anniversary of my Dad's death, in October I got hired full time with the best company EVER, in March we sold our house in Germany, I got a promotion and raise at work, in May I bought my new Honda CRV, I sponsored a child in Africa FINALLY (I've always wanted to do this!) and have gained a 6 year old penpal from it, in June we bought a house.) To me, that was one hell of a busy year! Keep em' coming!!!

Most of all, I am soo thankful for all of the people that have helped me through this year, through the good and the bad.

Nicole: Thank you for living with me for 2 years in college and being a great roomate - there will forever be memories of stupid things we did, staying up all night working on projects and papers, living on stir-fry and tuna for two years, and those saturday night hermit movie nights! I am so proud of who you have become and that what you are doing in africa this summer, you should be so proud of yourself for making such a difference in the world, Love you always!!!

My college friends: Becky, Carolyn, Anali,Ashley,Stephanie,Trudy,Becky M,etc. It was sooo amazing to meet all of you from all over Canada. Each of you have such a unique personality and you are all so talented at what you do! I will never forget the COUNTLESS nights spent at the college finishing projects, the amount of money we spent of coffee, and all of the laughters shared! Becky and Carolyn, it was especially nice to get to know you two closer, you are both such talented women who will go all the way to the top! I hope we always stay in touch, and will soon visit again!!

Deenie&Greg: I don't think you know Deenie, how much helped me when my Dad passed away. You were the one that took the time to sit with me, listen to memories, flip through pictures and allowed me to talk to you. I will forever remember the day you helped me make that collage of my dad with me - you'll never know how much that meant to me!!!! You are such a wonderful woman, with so much energy and spirit and you are a great mother to your children. Thank you for always being there for Brodie and I. We love you two very much!!

Elke&Jackson: Well where do I begin, with two of my most favorite people on this world. Elke, you are always there for me(and Brodie) when we need you. Thank you for all of the work you did in dealing with the stuff in Germany, I will never know how else we could have done everything without you. Thanks for all the talks, walks, pilates classes, dinners,movies, scrapbooking sessions etc. Elke, I know whateve school you choose, and whatever program you choose, you will strive and make a huge difference in this world. You are soo talented.You two are always so good to be with. Jackson, thanks for always hanging out with your uncle Brodie and auntie Lisa, you are the collest little dude in the world and I love you to bitz and bitz.

Monika: I am so proud of the changes that you have made in your life, since moving from Germany to Canada two years ago, and then moving to Victoria to complete your Aveda Esthetics Certification. You have truely blossomed and your have such a wonderufl outlook on life know. I am soo happy for all of your success.

Mom and Mickey: You two are always there to support all of your kids, no matter what choices they make. I am so thankful that you two have found eachother and that you can enjoy life together. I am truely thatnkful for all of the help you have provided me with and I hope to be able to pay you back someday. I love you two!!

Last but not least...

My dearest Brodie: In September we can celebrate 6 years of being together and enjoying eachothers company, wisdom and laughter. You have taught me so much in life through your experiences and I am forever grateful. You are such a calm, collected and peaceful person, with such a colourful and sarcastic personality. Isn't it amazing, how we found eachother in this world? I love all of the memories that we share and I know there will be many more. Thank you for always being there for me. I love you!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Congratulations!! The house sounds amazing! I can't wait until we can buy one.

Anonymous said...

Thanks sista...such nice words...love it! Muchas

Anonymous said...

Lisa, as I have said before you a truly an unbeleivable woman who knows what she wants and is able to strive at it. You are a wonderful addition to our family and I am so glad that you are a part of it. Thank you for making me cry this morning. Brodie you have come along way baby hahha
You are taking life as it is and going strong. Your strenght,support,compassion, sense of humor keep you and all of us going. Thank you for being the fighter you are and still being in our family. May you and Lisa have a great life together, many new additions (hahah). Love you both
Mom