Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Fathersday


Well, it's that time of the year again to honour and thank my dad for all he has done for me. This is my first Fathersday without him - and I miss him terribly. Last Fathersday was the last time we talked before he passed away at the end of June. I wish I would have gotten the chance to hug him one more time, or tell him how much I love him, but I know that I can't play the "what if / should have done that" game. This year has been one hell of a challenge, trying to learn how to live without his hugs and phonecalls. Although he lived in Germany, everyone thinks that I wasn't close to him - but I would never be able to tell all of the wonderful memories that I have with him. My Dad was a hell of a stubborn guy (must be the german in all of us..) he was also very short tempered but still always took his 3 girls shopping (for hours) while patiently waiting until we finished. He was the best driver I know - when I flew home to Germany we had to drive on the autobahn in order to get to our house out 'n the country and he would rip though the traffic at insane speeds!!! He was so meticulous and detail oriented and his passion was working on his house, fixing things and upkeeping the garden, lawn and his flowers. He always taught me the importance of travelling the world and seeing all that is out there - every summer that I visited him he took me somewhere different and I will forever remember our travels together. He liked his beer and good ol' german soccer games. LOVED reading the paper everyday. Sunday's Michael Schumacher racing on TV, and looking at new cars were also his favorite things. He loved a good german meal, taking me to festivals where he wanted me to go on rides and eat lots of good food. So many memories I recall, funny and sad, I will forever hold close to my heart. I miss you Dad - but I know that are you closer to me than ever before!! I am happy that you are with your family now and that you are at peace watching over us all. Thank you for always being there for me (and turning the lights and radio on and off all the time) I know that's you and I love those signs!!

ALLES GUTE ZUM VATERTAG

ICH HAB' DICH LIEB




No comments: