Thursday, June 7, 2007

Tagged!

Seven Random Facts

Since I was tagged by Becky it's now my turn to share 7 random facts. Here are the rules… Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs the 7 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog.

Ok...

1. I electricuted myself when I was 4 years old. We were living in Germany and we had this stove with a an electrical outlet on it (at toddler height), me being smart at 4 , grabbed a metal shishkabob stick and actually stuck it into the right hole! All I remember was being blown up into the air and it threw me back around 8 feet (remember, Germany has 220 volts for every appliance!). My mom was out shopping and my dad was sitting 5 feet from me at the kitchen table reading the newspaper! I guess I scared the crap out of him hahaha. Moral of this silly fact: Don't play with electricity in Europe!!

2. I learned to swim when I was 9!!!!! HAHA.. I had this serious phobia of water all of my life, which caused me to feel like I was DYING everytime I had a shower haha (I must have been a smelly child). Finally my family friend Sabine took me swimming every Saturday for a year and I ended up with my "Seahorse" Certificate (that's a german certificate telling you that you officially swim now haha). Moral of this silly fact: Make sure that you have your Seahorse Certificate before you turn 9 (also learn to shower before you are 9....)

3. My first big concert was in Germany (AGAIN, I was 9..) and both of my sisters (Elke and Monika) took me , after we convinced out dad to buy us the concert tickets. He drove us to the area and there was probably 200 people there, hahaha. Did I mention this bands name? "Bed and Breakfast" a popular european buy band in the early nineties (you should google them..). Anyways, since I was such a terribly sensitively weird child I cried the entire concert because it was too loud for me. hahaha. Moral of this silly fact: When taking your 9 year old sister to a concert, take earplugs.

4. I have dated Brodie for almost 6 years!!! (since I was 14..) I remember the night he asked me out, on my mom's porch. It was a starry, clear september night and Brodie was SOO nervous. He's really been my only boyfriend. Moral of this fact: If you want something, go for it!

5. I am kind of a shopping addict. Then again what woman isn't?!? I like to buy new stuff, lululemon, MAC, house stuff, decor... you know girly stuff. I guess I'm gonna have to work the rest of my life to keep up this addiction - boo. Moral of this silly fact: Work more so you can buy more!

6. I flew an international flight (Canada to Germany) all by MYSELF when I was 6 years old. From then on I pretty much flew back and forth by myself every summer in order to visit one of the parents that I wasn't living with at the time. Moral of this silly fact: Allow children under 6 to collect airmiles!!

7. Last but not least...When I first moved here in grade 6 I had NO friends. There was one girl in my class that bullied the hell out of me so bad that it made me cry EVERY morning and I DREADED going to school. The year after that we became best friends (don't ask me how that happened) and we were best friends all through middle school and high school. (Sade-You Rock!). Moral of this silly fact: Don't bully foreign immigrants! They CAN be nice you know...they might become your bestest friend!

OKAY... I tag Elke, Monika, Krista, Sarah, Carolyn, Nicole, Courtenay

1 comment:

Becky said...

I will definately not put anything metal into an outlet in Europe. Good to know.