Thursday, June 7, 2007

Germany

As most you might know, my sister Elke, nephew Jackson and I went to Germany at the end of March with the intent to clear and clean out our Dad's house so that people might FINALLY buy it. I was dreading this trip and having to face not only with a TON of work but also many emotions. Elke and I (with the help of amazing friends !) cleaned out the house in the first two days. Alot of people doubted that we could do this! The next day we sold all of the furniture and 'stuff ' and the day after that the house sold. I must say 'Job Well Done' sista! Now the house is sold, and it feels bitter sweet. I loved that house not only because I grew up in it, but also because my dad built it. On the other hand, what is the logic in owning a house in Germany but not in Canada?! I will visit (with Brodie next time!) and how HIM how to drive on the autobahn, eat insane amounts of italian food, take him to a UEFA cup soccer game and of course - show him the house! Life changes, all the time and this is part of it...









No comments: